It has been established that every year San Antonio witnesses a whooping increase in the number of injuries caused as a result of a car accident or car crash. On an average every 5 minutes every day, one person suffers personal injuries caused by car or motor vehicle accident in Texas. Now these injuries can range from being minor to fatal. They can be cuts or bruises or burns to one or various parts of the body or they can lead to major hurt like broken bones, dislocation of limbs, paralysis or death. When a victim approaches a Car accident lawyers in San Antonio for legal assistance, the lawyer first completes a checklist of injuries.
Common symptoms of personal injury from a car accident:
- Chest pain or difficulty in breathing
- Neck pain or stiffness
- Head injury or headaches
- Abdominal Pain
- Disparity in speech and vision
- Reluctance in moving any part of the body
- Unable to sleep
- Repeated Vomiting
- Lack of appetite post accident
- Swelling in any part of the body
- Throw out blood
Once the San Antonio car wreck lawyers have determined these check lists and the extent of injury is established, a case is registered and a claim is derived upon.
Also mentioned below are helpful tips to keep in mind if you are involved in a car accident in San Antonio:
- Inform the police about the car accident. Make sure to do this as it is important that they are made aware of the number of people injured in the accident and the extent of injury incurred by all.
- Inform your insurance agency about the accident and report the extent of damage caused.
- Call for emergency help even if initially no visible injury is seen after the accident. Most injuries are discovered after a certain amount of time lapse.
- As much as possible, identify all the people involved in the accident. This helps in the claim and proving your theory of being a victim. Make sure to check if there are any eye witnesses to the accident and take their details.
- Provide as much accurate and first hand information to your lawyer as possible to build a better case, and proceeds for a justified amount of compensation.
Who are personal Injury Lawyers and how to find one?
In a usual case of negligence, injury could be described as any damage which is caused to a person, like a cut, a broken bone, a bruise or any these kind of physical injury. It also comprises any injury which is the result of a slander, libel, using a faulty product, false arrest or malicious prosecution. In legitimate terminology, law for personal injury is also known as “tort law”. Usually, personal injury law could be divided into 3 categories which are known as intentional torts, negligence and strict liability torts. According to San Antonio, Texas personal injury law, a case could be taken to court exclusively if personal injury is caused because of negligence of the other party or person.